Just because you are eating healthy, doesn’t mean you have to give up flavor or taste. There are days that I make protein shakes in the morning because they are simply easy but when I truly meal prep, I throw down some good breakfast treats. Here are some of my favorites.
Overnight oats. Oh, the deliciousness of these. I make two different flavors and store them in small mason jars.
Today we are discussing the Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats. Sooooooo good!
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup of sweetened original Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of light agave or honey
Optional Ingredients for toppings
- Sliced banana
- Drizzle of Agave, syrup or honey
- Dark chocolate shavings or chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Dried Bananas
- Powdered Hazelnut
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together REALLY REALLY well. It takes a while for the peanut butter to mix in well.
- Place in mason jars and store in the fridge until ready to eat. This mixture filled three 6 oz jars.
I make this on Sundays and only keep it for that week. It is super filling and I am not usually hungry until lunch when eating this for breakfast. It stops me from snacking throughout the morning. If you have any other overnight oats suggestions, send them my way. Have a wonderful day!
– ♥ Lindsey