Happy Saturday y’all! I hope you are having a relaxing and restful weekend. You know your girl is busy as all hell like always. Lol. I have two bags full of papers that I need to get graded, working on some yearbook layouts and blogging away to stay on top of it all. I do have the weekend off technically but do we really ever have the weekend off? I don’t believe I ever truly have time off. But that’s why they call life a crazy ride.
Many people feel like the years speed by faster and faster as we get older but I feel like I actually get to live out every year to the fullest. There are days that I truly realize how awesome my life is and today is one of those days. I’m absolutely happy with the way my life is. Are there some things I would want to change? Sure but why dwell on them. Don’t get it twisted, I don’t feel like this on the daily but when I get a chance to actually look at it I am pleasantly surprised.
Anyway, enough rambling. The reason y’all are here, the Grav3yardgirl Swamp Queen Palette. I will tell you now that all of my pictures, swatches and make up look got deleted. I no longer have this palette and after reading this post, you will know why. Be prepared for the hard honest truth.
It is absolutely adorable. The palette itself is super durable and not bulky. They made the outside packaging look like wood grain and it is super cute.
The palette comes with 9 eye shadows, a blush, bronzer and highlighter. The inside is a pretty reflective gold with a brush and a HUGE mirror. Which is always a plus. The brush like most palette brushes is a throw away. It is not super soft and doesn’t really do what I need it to.
- They are the typical formal tarte shadows which I love and hate. I personally feel tarte falls short when it comes to eyeshadows with glitter in it because they are nine times out of ten super chunky.
- First Row
- It is a pinky shimmer shade. Great all over shadow
- Natural Peaches
- Peachy neutral shade. Great all over shadow or a lighter transition shade
- Rusty brick brown. Great on the outer vee or for a deep crease shade.
- Second Row
- Big Baby
- A shimmer white. Perfect for highlighting or inner corners. Would work as a setting shadow as well.
- Sassy Bun
- A shimmery pinky gold. Great for a bright transition shade and all over the lid.
- Sippy Sippy
- A chunky glittery reddish brown. This shade is horrible. There was glitter EVERYWHERE.
- Big Baby
- Third Row
- A light shimmery pinkish purple. Cool toned all over the lid shade.
- A mid tone cool purple. Great for a transition shade.
- A deep cool purple. Great for the outer corners and darken up the outer vee. Great for a smokey eye.
- Other products
- Sweet Tea – bronzer – cool toned reddish brown. This bronzer was HORRIBLE on my skin. I looked like I had a red tone all over my face. I HATED it.
- Does This Thing Really Work? – blush – cool toned rosy pink. It wasn’t super pigmented for me. I felt like I had to put too much on to get it to show up on my skin tone. I don’t think it would work for darker tones.
- Gator Wings – highlighter – perfect champagne gold color. I LOVED this highlight. I wish they sold it alone because I would buy it in a heart beat. It was awesome.
This palette was limited edition and no longer available, which I think is a good thing because it was not worth $40 to me. I HATED the bronzer and the chunky glittery shadows. Truth be told, I wasn’t planning on buying this palette. The reason I bought it was to review it and gift it to my cousin. She is an amazing person and she had send it to me with a text that said “I can’t spend $40 on make up but it seems like a neat palette.” So, I decided to buy it and give it to her. We are a hunting family and the whole swamp and gator thing got both of us, I’m sure. I hope she loved it more than I did because it was a definite pass for me. But if you love it, more power to you. It just wasn’t my cup of tea.
Funny enough, as I write this post, I will be heading to her house for her son’s second birthday tomorrow.
I hope y’all are loving life and soaking in the memories of the good times.
– ♥ Lindsey